Warning: You cannot toggle between the different modes. To do so, you need to create a new Connection in Visual mode, Script mode, or Basic mode.
Note: Before you set up a Connection in Visual mode ensure that:
- You have admin access to the destination instance.
- You are either in the Evaluation (trial) period or have a Paid license.
Initiate a Connection in Visual Mode from Jira Cloud
Note: It doesn't matter which side you start initiating the Connection from. The Exalate UI remains the same.
1. Navigate to the Connections tab in the Exalate console.
Click Apps → Exalate & click Connections under the Exalate menu.
2. Click Initiate Connection.
3. Enter the Destination Instance URL.
The Destination Instance URL is the link to the instance you want to set up a connection with. You can directly enter the link of that instance or the Exalate URL from the General Settings tab in the Exalate admin panel.
Exalate will suggest available Configuration Modes based on the destination instance.
4. Select the Configuration Mode. In this case, we select Visual Mode.
5. Click Next.
6. Enter the Connection Information.
Local instance short name
A short name for your instance
Destination instance short name
A short name for the destination instance
Name of the connection
Description of the connection
7. Click Next.
8. Click Verify admin access to confirm you have admin rights to the destination instance. Then click Initiate.
9. Click Accept to finish the verification process.
You will see a pop-up window within the remote instance to finish the verification. You will also be notified about the permissions that the destination instance user will have.
Note: The destination instance user will have different permissions based on the platforms to be synced.
10. Click Next.
11. A confirmation screen displays when the connection has been successfully set up: