System integration is a profession and requires in most of the cases expert knowledge to set up correctly. Next to the synchronization itself, a good understanding of the underlying tracker technology is essential to do a proper integration project. And the whole project becomes more complicated when 2 or more independent parties are involved (such as when doing a cross-company integration).
Shouldn't the Solution Cover All these Aspects?
That's not possible.
The tooling is only a fraction of what needs to be agreed and implemented. Many aspects need to be looked at, such as:
- What information needs to be transferred, at what point in time?
- What is the effect of such transmission?
- What are the allowable values, and the semantic meaning of each field value?
- How are the mappings to be configured, under what condition?
- How to validate and implement the synchronisation?
- What is the size of the information and performance requirements?
- How are the systems monitored, by whom?
- What are the escalation paths whenever something fails?
- What about security, networking, backups, and DR scenarios?
Why Professional Services?
Acquiring the knowledge to do a proper integration, requires time - a lot. It is not impossible but in most cases, it is advisable to outsource this type of project to experts who are dealing with these challenges on a daily basis.
Check out the partner page for a list.
In case of doubt, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Are there other options than outsourcing?
We do provide a community site where assistance can be found on a voluntary basis.
The Exalate team will contribute if time allows. Support cases or paid-for professional services will get priority.