This article shows you how to generate a Personal access token (PAT). Personal access tokens are used to log in to Exalate for Azure DevOps.
Note: Make sure that the user generating the PAT belongs to the Project Collection Administrators group. You can check this in Organization Settings → Permissions.
To generate an Azure DevOps personal access token:
- Sign in to your organization in Azure DevOps:
- Navigate to User settings → Personal access tokens.
- Click New token.
- Choose the name for your token, select the organization where you want to use the token, and set the expiration date for the token.
Note: Set the longest expiration period for the token to keep it valid for as long as possible.
- Select the following scopes:
- Project & Teams: READ
- User Profile: READ
- Identity: READ
- Member Entitlement Management: READ
- Work Items Read, Write & Manage
Note: Without this scope, Exalate will not be able to sync work items.
Copy the token and save it to reuse in the future.