Exalate is an integration solution, but some of our users are successfully using Exalate for migration scenarios.
Note: When considering using Exalate as a solution for your migration, please note that the standard size of your Exalate node is 1 Gb. Because of the bulk operations, there is a very high probably that you will go over that limit. To avoid that please notify our team that you will be using Exalate for migration purposes.
- The transport and replication layer of Exalate is optimized for synchronization, and not for migration.
The consequence is that it will take much longer to transfer the data than a plain project import/export.
- Configurations are not migrated.
To copy the configuration of your projects revert to other tools.
- Project customizations require custom synchronization Rules.
No project configuration is alike. Unless you are using a standard configuration of the underlying tracker (Jira, HP QC), you will have to reserve time to develop and validate the synchronization Rules.
We advise developing this capability in a staging environment.
- A number of issue fields cannot be updated due to the limitations of the platform API's
- Dates such as createdate, resolutiondate, updatedate (on all entities)
- Issue creator
- Agile history
- Issue key
If you are looking to migrate from Jira Server to Jira Cloud - please check out the Jira Cloud Migration assistant which provides a lift and shift approach for migrations
Supporting your Migration Effort
We are happy to provide you with professional services to implement your migration.