Before you set up a Connection in Basic mode ensure that you don't use an older version of Exalate.
Connections in Basic mode have a set of Sync Rules, generated by Exalate.
With these connections, you can sync certain ticket types: questions, incidents, problems, and tasks. Ticket types are mirrored: questions will be synced as questions, incidents as incidents, and so on.
Exalate will sync a basic set of ticket fields: summary, description, comments, and attachments.
If the entity types don't match on the destination instance, Exalate will sync an entity type based on the default entity type set in the destination instance.
All public and internal comments will be synced as public.
You cannot modify Sync Rules in Basic Mode.
If you want to edit/delete Sync Rules, you can upgrade the connection to Visual Mode or Script Mode.
Initiate a Connection in Basic Mode from Zendesk
It doesn't matter which side you start initiating the Connection from. The Exalate UI will remain the same.
1. Navigate to the Connections tab in the Exalate console.
To navigate to the Connections tab:
Click Exalate in the list of apps.
2. Click Initiate connection.
3. Enter the Destination Instance URL.
The Destination Instance URL is the link to the instance you want to set up a connection with. You can directly enter the link of that instance or the Exalate URL from the General Settings tab in the Exalate admin panel.
Exalate will suggest available Configuration Modes based on the destination instance.
4. Select Basic.
5. Click Next.
6. Confirm if you have admin access to the destination instance.
Further steps will be different if you have or don't have admin access to the destination instance.
- Select Yes, I have admin access if you have admin access to the destination instance. You will be redirected to the destination instance to establish a connection.
- Select No, I don't have admin access if you don't have admin access to the destination instance. You will generate an invitation for the destination instance admin so they could establish a connection on their end.
Steps for: Yes, I have Admin Access
Click Yes, I have admin access & Initiate the connection.
You will be required to verify access on the destination instance. After which complete the following steps on the destination instance.
7. Select the project or repository where you want to sync entities.
Selecting the project or repository is not applicable to all platforms. In this case, the Connection will be established after the previous step.
8. Click Confirm.
The Connection has been set up.
Steps for: No, I don't have Admin Access
Click No, I have admin access & Initiate the connection.
7. Click Copy invitation code.
You can send the invitation code to the destination instance admin.
8. Click Done.
Complete the following steps on the destination instance.
9. Click on Accept Invitation under the Connections tab in the Exalate Admin Console in the destination instance and Paste the invitation code.
12. Click Next.
13. Select the project where you want to sync issues.
Selecting the project is not applicable to all platforms. In this case, the Connection will be established after the previous step.
14. Click Confirm.
The Connection has been set up.