- install Exalate on Zendesk from the Marketplace
Then proceed to generate an Access token that needs to be used at the time of the App installation. Next, configure the proxy user permissions.
Install Exalate on Zendesk from the Marketplace
1. Log in to your Zendesk account.
2. Navigate to → Marketplace in the Apps section.
3. Find Exalate in the Marketplace.
4. Click Install to begin the installation.
5. Select an account you want to install the app with (applicable only if you have multiple Zendesk accounts) and click Install.
6. Configure the app before installation.
Before installing the app, you will be able to update the name of the app and set which roles and groups will be able to access it.
7. Click Install.
8. Select Exalate in the side panel.
9. Click Allow to confirm that Exalate can have access to read and write your data.
10. Input your credentials in the Registration screen.
Exalate uses this info to:
- Verify your instance.
- Activate an evaluation license.
- Create an admin account to receive error notifications.
11. Select Agree and submit.
After selecting Agree and submit you will get an email to complete our security check.
After clicking Agree and submit you will accept our End User License Agreement (EULA). You can read it here:
12. Open your email and select Verify Exalate instance.
You will be redirected back to your Exalate console.
14. Select Continue.
Congratulations! The app is installed.
Proxy User Permissions
Exalate requires a dedicated Zendesk admin as a proxy user.
The proxy user can restrict the roles or groups that can access Exalate. It is possible to enable or disable these restrictions when installing the app or when managing the app settings.
You can also change the Proxy user in Zendesk if required.